Thursday, October 15, 2015

Chef Barrae is REALLY BACK Now!!! Please read ... I am Requesting YOUR SUPPORT!

Over a year ago I thought I was back ... and then ... I was diagnosed as legally blind in one eye and had also lost about 30% use of both of my hands. All of these physical challenges were from my type 2 diabetes. Even though my blood sugar levels were well under control and I thought that I was eating real healthy, diabetic retinopathy, diabetic neuropathy, arthritis and carpal tunnel took over my body. I was forced to step back from cooking. As a chef, I was devastated and fell into another deep depression and old habits returned once again. After working so hard and losing 210 pounds I did gain back some of the weight, about 50 pounds worth. With the help of my friends, I am now back. My vision has improved significantly and my hands work once again and I am cooking! And I am working on the weight again. The most important thing is I AM HEALTHY! I AM READY! SO, LET'S GO! Wooooo hoooooo!!!!

So, this brings me to something very important. November is National Diabetes Awareness Month. Almost 6 years ago I challenged Chef Bobby Flay to a "Reverse Throwdown" and said that I would create the dish of his choice for diabetics that was low in carbs, healthy and DELICIOUS! To date, I have had no response. I have however, seen shifts in the FOOD NETWORK programming to include several healthful food shows. Back then I was told via email by Bob Tuschman, General Manager/Senior Vice President for Food Network, that they already had a "healthy chef" (there was one woman who was a dietitian I think) and they did not do those types of programs. Well, haven't times changed! Today, I am PROUD OF THE FOOD NETWORK for the shifts in their programming to include many more programs with an eye on good health. I would make up that when one of Food Network's  biggest stars, Ms. Paula Deen, was taken ill and diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes, the programming shift began. Thank you. Thank you for showing more of what the public REALLY WANTS in this health conscious day and age. Okay, I digressed so back to my point.


November is National Diabetes Awareness Month and I am now issuing a NEW CHALLENGE TO CHEF BOBBY FLAY! After six years my cooking chops have only improved and I want to meet you and BEAT BOBBY FLAY! Yes, let's meet in your arena and I will create MY SIGNATURE diabetic, family friendly and extremely delish dish! I can bring the heat also ... I am not called the SAUCERESS for nothing! So, hear me FOOD NETWORK! Friends and family on this site, you have enjoyed my recipes for years now. Now, it is my turn to request that YOU CONTACT FOOD NETWORK AND TELL THEM THAT CHEF BARRAE WANTS TO MEET AND BEAT BOBBY FLAY!


ANY PROCEEDS RAISED, ANY MONEYS PAID TO ME FROM THIS CHALLENGE, WILL BE JOYOUSLY DONATED TO DIABETES AWARENESS AND EDUCATION! PLEASE STEP UP AND REACH OUT!


Here's the FOOOD NETWORK contact info ... CALL THEM, EMAIL THEM, TWEET@FoodNetwork. Do what ever it takes!


Web
www.foodnetwork.com
Address
75 Ninth Avenue
New York, NY
10011
Phone
(212) 398-0255
Twitter IDs
@FoodNetwork


I'm Ready For You Bobby!!!

Check out my video slideshow challenge! Please share this and all my other videos!


Thanks my friends and family!


Chef Barrae Challenges Chef Bobby Flay on BEAT BOBBY FLAY

No comments:

Post a Comment